Abandoned machinery at the Grytviken whaling station established by the Norwegian whaler C.A. Larsen in 1904. The station operated until December 4th, 1964. In that time it housed roughly 300 men and processed more than 54,000 whales.


Searchable keywords

Find the right images by checking multiple keywords below:

Image ID: 0057263-MNO.jpg

Abandoned machinery at the Grytviken whaling station established by the Norwegian whaler C.A. Larsen in 1904. The station operated until December 4th, 1964. In that time it housed roughly 300 men and processed more than 54,000 whales.
Credit to: Blue Planet Archive / Michael S. Nolan

Image dimensions: 5400x3600

URL for this image: https://pictures.blueplanetarchive.com/image/I0000sSg_LticHvg